Wanna see what I made for our porch? I know you're just dying to ;)
A pillow with our house number on it! Because, yeah, that's so super useful. You know, for when people are looking for your house and they're lost and all. They'll be like, "oh, that's them, with...is that a pillow?!?!?" HA!
So I know it's not needed, but isn't it so pretty? It matches our door, by the way. And I am in desperate need of flowers. Sad.
Oh, yeah, this cost about .50 cents! If that. I used the bed sheet from this post. And some paint I had lying around.
Doesn't it look Pottery Barn-ish? Not bad for less than a buck, I say!
And the best part? It was RIDICULOUSLY easy to make. So easy I'll give you a quick run through sans pictures.
1. Cut fabric squares in desired pillow size (add 1/4 inch seam allowance)
2. Use Cricut to cut out your number, trace with pencil onto fabric, slightly off centre.
3. Use your Cricut, again, to cut out "No."...trace on fabric, again.
4. Paint. I used acrylic (
which is not smart, cuz now I can't wash it So, I've been informed that you CAN wash acrylic. I totally knew that. HA! Thanks Q!) or you should use fabric paint.
5. After it dries, put right side together (aka. The painted side with a blank side) and sew, leave room to turn inside out.
6. Turn inside out and stuff.
7. Sew shut.
and this is totally optional and complete extra of me, add ribbon to keep in place :)
(if you do this, do it after Step 4)
And that, my dears, is it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
If you have freezer paper you can very easily do it with that too. If you do not have a Cricut, guess what? The Dollar Store will probably have stencils for cheap!
Hooray, a craft we can all make!
Have an awesome day!