-yarn (the thicker the yarn the bigger the flower)
- crochet hook (or safety pin, if you choose to braid)
-glue gun and glue
necklace to cut apart
-and jewelry pliers or cutter-thingies.
- and scissors...not pictured, but obvious
HERE WE GO!
1. If you are going to crochet, chain 30. Cast off. (I used worsted weigh yarn and 4.5 hook)
If you do not know how to crochet and want to learn go here and then here, for this particular project.
If you do not know how to crochet and don't want to know, just braid about 5.5 inches of yarn LOOSELY.
(please note, crochet and braiding look slightly different. With crochet you get a much more uniform look, and the ending and beginning are much neater...see arrows)
2. Next, take your glue gun and dab a touch of glue to your knot (step1 in pic), twist and turn yarn, glue to knot (step2), continue all the way around until you reach other knot (step3) glue end knot to the wrong (under) side of the flower and cut off loose yarn (step4).
You should have this:
|wouldn't this make a cute ring?|
3. Make three "rosettes". Cut out felt backing in whatever shape you want. Arrange how you want them to look and glue down.